This article by K. Jason Krafsky http://marriagejunkie.com/2009/04/30/churches-effectively-promote-premarital-ministry-on-your-website/ is meant to showcase effective ways to market a church’s marriage ministry.
The article had an added bonus for me in that it showcased the high value that some churches are putting on marriages.
Some common features of these premarital programs are:
1. A premarital inventory such as FOCCUS or Prepare.
2. Premarital counseling or mentoring.
3. Signing a purity pledge where you don’t sleep together or live together until marriage.
4. Requiring both partners to be Christians.
5. Recommending 4 to 10 months of preparation before marriage.
I am encouraged that some churches are really upholding a high standard for marriage in their church.