Reaches out in desperation . . . then done

Often times when I write emails I happen to come across names in my contact list that I remember as having contacted me in a desperate attempt to save their marriage. I’ll remember one  or two phone calls or emails from them where I  encouraged them the best I knew how to hold on to their marriage and referred them to multiple resources.

Many times that is the last I ever heard from them, but sometimes I see them on Facebook or out and about and find out that they got divorced or quit working on their marriage. I just find it sad when that happens, but  especially sad if the shift from “desperation to done” appears to happen quickly.

On the other hand, I do read and hear many stories of reconciliation and I so wish that those who quit quickly would be inspired to hang on for the long haul.

This entry was posted in Divorce, Separation and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Reaches out in desperation . . . then done

1. Jeff Hamlin says:

I am hanging in for as long as it takes, and will not ever seek another spouse, only reconciliation with my wife. Standing for my marriage is the single hardest thing I have ever endured. My beloved is well worth fighting for.

• sewildman says:

Jeff, you may find more encouragement at http://www.inverseministries.org. Also, look over the resources on our website. There are many encouraging stories in the ministries listed there. God will bless your wait. Build your relationship with Him and trust him through the time.
      Blessings,
      Sharon and Richard

• Jeff Hamlin says:

I share regular communications with the Braggs. Their ministry and testimony are wonderful. Also, I have communicated with you Richard a couple of times. Yours and Sharon’s work is very valuable.

Ever since things “hit the fan” for me back in October 2010, I have pressed into God, just trying to find my place in this world. My faith and trust are in Him to get me through everything, especially this dry spell I am in.

• Lynne Harrison says:

I often wondered if I should have fought harder. I often prayed harder and loved harder than I ever thought could be done. After 10 years I asked the Lord to release me. It took many years to rebound, but in the third year during my prayer, I said I forgive him. At that very moment I felt the weight of the world lift. I have talked with many women and men about the “gift” of love and marriage. Many have turned the corner and some have left. But what I know is that in all things, he has a plan. When I look back over my life the past 10 years, I see my music ministry and reflect on the goodness of God. Someday I know I will have my “special” one, when he says so, or my mission in this place is to continue my ministry of music to heal the broken heart. My prayer for you is that God’s will rests in your heart.

2. Michele says:

I stood for my marriage for as long as I could but in order to move forward I had to let go. It had been 2.5 years since he filed for divorce and now 1.5 years since the divorce was final. I am not bitter, but I can say that at this point in time I wouldn’t want to be married to my ex-spouse. The life he leads now is so not the life I want. I do not like the person he has become. All the anger he bottled up for years is just seeping out of him. I take the way he has treated his child support obligation as a show of his true colors.
    Don’t get me wrong. I miss the person he used to be and my mind is not closed to reconciling, but I am not waiting for it.

3. Lynne Harrison says: