Sometimes I think that I don’t remember to emphasize enough the many ways I sought Jesus during our separation, nor give Him the credit for healing our marriage. Sometimes maybe I make it sound too easy – like we were separated 16 months and then, poof!, Jesus healed our marriage. There was a lot going on behind the scenes and for a long time our prospects did not look good. In many ways our marriage died and then He resurrected it.
Here are just some of the ways I sought Jesus:
- Praying through the prayers (which are very Scriptural) in “The Power of a Praying Husband” by Stormie O’Martian.
- Speaking many Scriptures aloud.
- Listening to worship songs; especially worship that was centered on God’s Word.
- Being prayed for at various church services.
- Going through Divorce Care which is heavily supported with Scripture.
- Going through Reconciling God’s Way which points you first and foremost to God.
- Intensive prayer counseling through “The Healing House Network”.
Someway, somehow, and in many ways I don’t understand, Jesus used all of this to bring healing to me personally and to our marriage.